Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Wednesday



I can't say enough! I love vacation days! It was such a nice relaxing day. I watched tv, washed bed linens, cleaned the kitchen, played on my computer and just did what I wanted to do. It was nice this morning until around noon when it really heated up. The high was in the nineties.

Fed Ex delivered my computer. M has the next 2 days off from work to get it up and running perfect.

I went to Safeway and picked up prescriptions and a few groceries. I also went to Walmart and picked up a few things. I also bought Lotto quick picks - 8 million tonight!

Mail Call: We got a letter from a company we never heard of called Certegy Check Services. They explained how an employee had sold everyone's name and information to some direct mail outfit. They are not sure if any one's identify had been breeched so advised we should watch our bank account closely. Just what we need. I write very few checks from my own account. I use on-line banking so most all of the bills I pay only see the bank's account #. What really frightened me was Dateline's "To Catch An Identity Thief" show. It was just like their To Catch a Predator shows. It was amazing how fast they could acquire your information and then clean you out - all from overseas. The chances of them getting caught is slim to none. I also got a gift of 3 mini recipe booklets from Taste of Home a recipe magazine I subscribed to.

TV Watching: I watched Big Medicine which I dvr'd. I also watched the Big Brother episode from last night. I also watched a movie called Two Can Play That Game starring Vivica Fox. It was cute and next year they are coming out with a sequel called Three Can Play That Game.

Testing & Weight: I only tested this morning. I never got around to doing it this afternoon. The weight came down to 10. But after dinner tonight I bet it won't be that tomorrow morning.

I found a really neat site on a 43things.com members page. It is called Paper Back Swap. If you want to swap any of your books for other books and only pay postage this is the place.

We had a terrific dinner. BBQ steaks, mac n' cheese, beach salad (see recipe below) and fresh made french bread and cantalope for dessert.

Beach Salad:

2 large ribs of celery, sliced

1/2 red onion thinly sliced

1/2 cup chopped sweet pickles

1 tomato (no seeds) diced

beans (red or pinto) drained and rinsed

Dressing: 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 tsp crushed cloves, 1 tsp oregano,

1 tsp paparika and salt & pepper.

Sounds crazy, but try it - it really is good and yummy.

Maybe I will be updating this blog on my brand new spankin' computer tomorrow... peace!

No comments: