Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday

It was a good day at work. Just a few cranky calls, but, got through them and my productivity was above average by the end of the day. Erik came up with an idea to bring food to our team meeting tomorrow. I am bringing tuna salad on croissants for everyone.

After work I drove over to Dr. McKenna's office and had them make a copy of my new medical card so they can resubmit the claim. I then went to Safeway and bought our weekly groceries.

Came home and put the groceries away. It was very hot again today. I am looking forward to cooler weather. I made BLT's for dinner. I wanted to use up the beautiful tomatoes we bought up in Green Bluff. They tasted like they were fresh picked out of someone's garden.

Testing & Weight: Testing was a little high this morning but by afternoon I tested in the low numbers. Weight remained at 11.


Mail Call: I got my first issue of Hallmark Magazine. I will take it to work with me tomorrow and read it from cover to cover. We also got a coupon book and a mayor candidate flyer.


TV Watching: Before dinner we watched a show I DVR'd from TLC about Lottery winners. It was really inspiring. Made me want to win the Lotto even more than ever! After dinner we watched Pinks All Out. I love car racing. Almost every kind of racing. My first experience of going to the races was back in high school at the old San Jose Speedway watching the hardtops. My friend Deb, who was the biggest Elvis fan I have ever met, and her family would let me tag along. We would cheer on Al Pombo, our favorite driver at the time. I always smile when I think back of those Saturday nights. My friend Rene, also from high school got me hooked on drag racing. Her brother in-law was the funny car driver, Jungle Jim Liberman. I got a real kick at going to Fremont Drags. Those places are gone now. It's kind of sad.

We started watching The Secret tonight. It is pretty interesting. M and I are going to try and follow the steps so we can obtain the secret.

Things I am grateful for:

My loving relationship and friendship with my husband.

My son and step-daughter and her son.

M's family that has become my family.

My two dogs Lady and Sammie.

My wonderful house, the first we have ever owned.

My job, which improves everyday.

My health, which I want to keep improving.

Last night I burned a few cd's from my emusic downloads. I burned a new age cd called Spirit of the Canyon, a Celtic-New Age cd called Twilight Realm by Aine Minogue and a Celtic cd by Anuna (who was featured on Riverdance) called The Essential Anuna.





No comments: