Saturday, August 11, 2007

Saturday





Another beautiful Northwest day. I wish they could all be this nice. We got up early. I got a few loads of laundry finished. We took the dogs to the groomer for baths and haircuts..

Went to Denny's for breakfast. From there we went home and grabbed the camera. We took a drive up to Arbor Crest Winery. We found that they do not open until 12:00 noon, so we ventured on to Green Bluff. This weekend they were having their peach festival. Stopped and bought 10 huge, ripe peaches, 4 tomatoes, 6 corn on the cob and some Green Bluff honey. We also had fresh peach smoothies. The drive in the country was wonderful.

When we got home I watched a little tv and played on my computer a little bit. Karen, our dog's groomer called and said the dogs were ready. Outside the shop when we got there to pick them up, a guy from out of town had set up a playpen of little black and white shihtzu puppies. He also had another playpen full of cute black colored mixed puppies. It was hard walking away from these cute lil guys. But I just bought a new leather couch and loveseat. Do I really want those to become big chew toys? Plus these are puppy mill puppies. When we took Lady and Sammie out to see how they would react to the puppies, Sammie didn't want anything to do with them at all. And Lady sniffed them and said no way. So no new puppy for us. But they sure were cute.

Went to Safeway and did my weekly grocery shopping. I was thinking of making chicken for dinner when all of a sudden I felt completely exhausted. I decided to take a nap. I woke up well rested.

I made pico de gallo with all the fresh vegetables I had from M's mom's garden. This is what I put in my pico:


All chopped and diced in small pieces: sweet onion, 3 green onions, 1 large tomato, 1/2 yellow pepper, 1 anaheim chilie pepper, 1 jalapeno pepper (and any other kind of peppers I might have on hand) Spices: garlic salt, pepper, 1/2 lime or lemon sqeezed, mexican seasonings. Mix all together, the longer it sits the hotter and better it tastes.

We shared the pico with chips, corn and a tomato with M's mom and Chris. They were BBQ'ing steak so we brought over the chicken I had marinated and threw those on the grill. Ate outside on their patio. It was one of those perfect weather nights. They have a nice private backyard with flowers and vegetables growing all around.

Tonight we are going to be able to see a meteor shower. The peak time is 1:00 AM. I'm hoping the few clouds will blow away and if I can wake up early enough I will be able to see the shower this time. I have missed it the last few times it was viewable from the northwest.


Testing & Weight: I only tested this morning. Weight was still at 12.


TV Watching: I watched Giada's Weekend Getaway. This episode she was in Santa Barbara. Such a pretty place. Sometimes I miss California. I also watched an episode of Dateline, but I kept falling asleep through it so I will probably have to re-watch it.


Mail Call: M got a package, another flight game he ordered from Ebay. I got my first Paperback Swap book, titled Irish Cream: A Nuala Anne McGrail Novel.


It's been a pretty nice day. Looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments: