Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wednesday



Today was a busy uneventful day at work. I kept daydreaming about being outside. I put the castle gift bag full of back to school goodies for Jade, Joanna's little girl, on her desk. I hope she enjoys everything I picked out.

The weather today was the kind of summer day you dream about. High seventies with a nice breeze and lots of clouds to shade the sun. When I got home I turned off the air conditioners and opened the doors and let the house air out.

Testing & Weight: Weight was back down to 10. It seems like I am on this plateau and can't start to slide down the other side. But I will keep trying. Nice lower numbers for both tests today.

Mail Call: Bills from Mor Furniture, Furniture Row and Rockwood Clinic. I also received my Taste of Home Simply Delicious Magazine and this month's Country Living Magazine. And lots of junk mail that was promptly thrown away.

TV Watching: I watched shows I had DVR'd: One of my favorites, Big Medicine. I watched a new one called The Pickup Artist shown on VH1. Some cuties but mostly losers trying to learn how to pick up women. I am so excited the long awaited show LA Ink finally premiered. The first show was as good as I expected. I will definitely DVR the series.

We BBQ'd small steaks for dinner tonight. The weather was perfect for cooking outside. It always does this - gives us a little taste of fall and then BAM! Hot Summer returns to fry us to a crisp.

Favorite Ben Franklin quotes:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the Sunlight.

Having been poor is no shame, but being ashamed of it, is.

No comments: