Saturday, August 18, 2007

Saturday

I got up and took my shower and had my bowl of Cheerios. We took the truck to Alton's on Holland to have the brakes and other things fixed on the truck. Might as well get it done while we have the money.

After dropping off the truck we headed for the valley. I wanted to go to this used bookstore we both like but it didn't open till 10:00. So we headed out further on Sprague and went to Hastings Entertainment. I found a book by Judy Collins in the 99 cent rack. I also purchased the movie Wild Hogs and the book The Secret. M bought himself 2 video tapes from the 99 cent rack - Victory at Sea and Living In The Shadows of Motown. We again drove by the used bookstore but they still were not open. Some other time for them.

We came home and we watched tv and had some hot dogs for lunch. We got the call to pick up the truck and headed back to Alton's. I left M off there and I went to Fashion Bug and bought a new top that was on sale and the to Lotion store and bought some new shampoo. Banana Smoothie scent this time. Stopped at the quick mart and bought hamburger buns and a $5.00 quick pick for Mega Millions. Jackpot for Tuesday is $160,00 million.

Eric called to ask if he could borrow the truck to pick up some bookshelves he bought at Cost Plus. He brought Mary with him when he picked up the truck.

We made bbq'd hamburgers with fried potato rounds and corn on the cob. Eric and Mary came back just when dinner was almost ready, but, they said they had already eaten. Mom and Chris came over and we ate dinner out on the deck. The weather has cooled off and is just downright perfect. It really may rain tomorrow.

Testing & Weight: I tested this morning and it was normal and weight was 11.

Mail Call: Received a Current catalog and a Roamans catalog and assorted junk mail.

TV Watching: Watched Guy's Big Bite but kept falling asleep on the couch so I will need to watch it again. I caught the last of a classic movie, Adam's Rib, with Kathern Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.

It's 9:30 and I'm about done.


No comments: