Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sunday



I cannot believe the weekend is almost over already. What a nice weekend it was too.
I made a peach cobbler this morning. It made the house smell so good. This is my favorite cobbler recipe. It never fails.
Cobbler Recipe:
1 stick of butter
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 Cups Sugar (I used Splenda)
1 1/2 Cup Milk
3 to 4 Cups Fresh or Frozen Fruit

Melt butter in baking dish, Sift flour, salt and baking powder together then mix with sugar. Pour batter over melted butter. Do not stir. Add fruit over batter, Again do not stir. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Serve hot or cold.

This morning we went with the folks back up to Green Bluff. At the Harvest House I bought the cookbook, "Peaches and Other Juicy Fruits" by Olwen Woodier. I also bought some Hot & Spicy pickle relish. At High Country Market I bought the perfect oil & vinegar cruet and another cookbook, "Salsas and Tacos" by The Santa Fe School of Cooking.

















It was very pretty up there as usual and the weather was again perfect. We are definitely getting to used to this nice weather.

When we got home I made BLT's for lunch. The rest of the afternoon we just hung around the house and enjoyed the day.

Testing & Weight: Testing was a little high this morning, which was not surprising after all what I ate yesterday. But I was really surprised to see my weight was at 11.

TV Watching: I didn't watch much tv. I did watch Guy's Big Bite and an episode of Dateline's To Catch a Predator. I am amazed how many of those idiots they are still catching. One guy more than once. Creepy!

Another week of work. I don't think I have anymore time scheduled off until October, which seems like years aways instead of only months.



No comments: