Friday, August 3, 2007

Friday

Woke to sprinkles and thunder. Perfect weather to drive to work to. I love seeing the whole sky light up with flashes of lightning. Another busy day at work. We had our team meeting. Jim brought me more hollyhock seeds. He said these seeds were all different colors of flowers. I can't wait to plant them and see them grow next spring.

After work I took my car to Jiffy Lube and got her serviced. Then went and filled her up with gas and got her washed. It felt like this was Jiffy's gage when I looked at how much it costs to fill her up today. I'm glad my commute is just a few miles each way.


When I got home I tested, took my medicine, changed my clothes to take M out on a date night. We had an hour to kill before the restaurant I chose opened, so I went to Borders Books & Music and M went to Best Buy. I bought an amazing stenciling book for only $5.99 from a bargain table.

I also bought 3 magazines: Pirates; Northwest Travel; and Somerset Studio's Artful Blogging.

We went to dinner at Opa Greek Restaurant. The place was so cute. The walls are a sky blue with pictures of Greece and Italy. The entire dining room was filled with dark wood furniture, ficus trees and hanging baskets of ferns and ivy. They had a wonderful stocked wine rack that spanned across as a divider between the dining room and kitchen. I ordered the chicken marsalla and M had the spaghetti and meatballs. The garlic bread was incredible. The place was clean and the service was very good. We will definitely go back. The table behind us had ordered a pizza and it was HUGE and cheezy!

Testing & Weight: Testing was in the normal ranges again. Weight was at 10 but sure it has gone up since eating that wonderful rich dinner. Back on the treadmill tomorrow.

Mail Call: More political garbage, a Fashion Bug coupon postcard, registration notice for Jiffy, bill from Holy Family and junk mail to be shredded or tossed.

TV Watching: I watched the Top Chef newest episode that I had DVR'd. Bye bye cry baby Joey. Sara or Hung need to go next.

I am so happy it is the weekend. I think we are going to drive to Coeur d'Alene tomorrow, It will be a nice day for that. Only supposed to be in the eighties.

No comments: