Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday



It was a long day and the full moon crazies that I didn't talk to yesterday all called in today. I talked to some nice people but most were unhappy, ignorant, just plain mean people today. One bright spot was when I got the email from our scheduler, Jan, who said someone had cancelled their day off tomorrow and I was on the alternate list and would I like tomorrow off? Hell Yes!!

Only in the eighties today, but hotter temps for tomorrow. There are fires all around us. Fire season came early this year.

Mail Call: Lowes bill, a political ad, magazine subscription renewal notice, coupons galore and some junk mail.

TV Watching: I watched Big Love that I had DVR'd. It is so good this season. I can't wait till next week's episode. I didn't really see anything I wanted to DVR that is on tv tonight.

Testing: A little high this morning but down to 99 this afternoon. Right where I want to be. I lost 1 lb to 12.

When M got home it was to warm to cook so we took the coupon for The Old Country Buffet and went there for dinner. They were advertising steak and shrimp night. The ad looked tempting but it turned out to be pretty bad. The salad bar looked okay. I had some fruit and some veggies. The shrimp was okay too. But the steak looked like it had been cooked this morning and was laying on a cutting board all hard, cold and over cooked. Not what I had thought it was going to be like. I had 2 chicken legs and a handful of shrimp. No dessert, of course. I think we will cross this place off our list. The choice was between there or Jose's, we should have picked Jose's.

I am looking forward to my day off tomorrow. My new computer is in Spokane and is supposed to be delivered by 4:00 tomorrow. We called Federal Express to see if we could pick it up, but it was already loaded on a truck for tomorrow's delivery. Bummer.

No comments: