Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wednesday


I have to remind my self that one bad call with an ego maniac idiot does not make a bad day. After that call the rest of the day went pretty smoothly.

I stopped at the post office on my way home and mailed an application for M and bought some stamps. When I got home we had some of the left over Texas Hash. And yes, it was so much better than yesterday. It had time to meld all the flavors together. I took a bowl over to M's mom so she wouldn't have to make dinner.

Testing & Weight: Testing was normal in the morning but a little high this afternoon. I did eat a small bag of white cheddar cheezits. Less than 1 gram of sugar, but, I guess that pushed the ol' sugar up to 138. I didn't weigh today.

TV Watching: Watched the latest episode of Big Brother. Its coming down to the end soon. I'm still not sure who is going to be the final 2. I also watched Oprah. She had the gal from Selmer, TN, who shot her minister husband, on the show for an interview. My inlaws (M's dad and his wife Virgina, who works as a professional psychic) used to live in Selmer. We also lived there for a short time. So this case spiked my interest from the get go. After hearing more of her story I guess her husband was one of those religious wacko perverts who behind doors was a monster but presented a hypocritical squeaky clean family man minister for his congregation. Was justice served? Yes, he's in the ground. I think she should get her kids back and go on and live their lives in peace and happiness.

My memories of Selmer include the friendly people, pit barbeque, the loss of my loved Westie Tooter, all you can eat catfish fiddlers at the Dixie Cafe, the blue laws, the corrupt cops, the civil war cementary out behind our house where the "twins" were laid to rest, shooting guns on New Years Eve, M's daddy shooting his gun as a doorbell at our house in the woods and especially Virginia, who I loved most of all.

Mail Call: Today the mailman delivered one of my favorite catalogs, Collections Etc (Absolutely Nothin' over $20). I also got this month's Country Living Magazine and by mistake a copy of Bon Appetit magazine. I had entered a contest on HGTV's site and the next day I get an email thanking me for subscribing to their magazine. I sent an email saying this was a mistake and they sent an email back saying they would cancel the order and for me not to worry. I'm not worried yet, but if I get another copy I may start to worry.

M was called back for a second interview for tomorrow. I will need to iron a nice blue shirt for him to wear. Looks like I drive the truck tomorrow.

No comments: