Sunday, September 23, 2007

Sunday


It was a nice Sunday. I didn't go anywhere all day. Just hung around home all day. Our friend and old neighbor from where we used to live, came by for a visit. It is always nice seeing Gordon. He looked good today. Gordon is 84 and still gets around great and he also still mows his own lawn. M went over to his house this afternoon to help him with his internet connection.

I caught up on the laundry. I made an apple crisp. I also watched the movie Sisters of the Traveling Pants. What a cute movie, I bet it was even a better book. I made a pork chop dinner tonight.

My dog Lady has not been feeling well the last few days. She banged her cheek on something and it has been swollen. She likes to use her face to move the fence board between the two houses and we are thinking it might have fell back and hit her in the face. Seems to be getting better today. She has been coughing more lately. We may need to take her to the vet. I hate that she is getting old. We have had Lady for quite a few years now. She was thrown out of a car along side Loon Lake where my in-laws have a cabin. She was pregnant and was just a puppy herself. She fell into the lake and Chris and their neighbor at the time, Jim, rescued her. Jim kept her while she had her puppies and he found homes for them. When he decided he did not want to keep her I jumped at the chance for her to come and spend her life with us. It was challenging that first year. It took alot of love to bring her out of her shell because she had been abused so bad. But you sure wouldn't know that now. She is very special and we adore her.

I chipped the enamel on my front tooth. I will need to go to Peerless and get it fixed. Hope they can get me in tomorrow. I also need to remember to give Celina a ride to work tomorrow morning.

It rained a little bit tonight. Our lawn said thank you. Tomorrow is going to be another beautiful fall day.

No comments: