Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Tuesday


Back to work Tuesday. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be. Thank goodness. Kim, who is on my team, came by and gave me an invitation to her candle party. The day went by pretty quickly.

When I got home M had already heated up the leftovers and we had chili verde burritos. It had time for all the flavors to meld together so it tasted so much more yummier.

Testing & Weight: Testing was normal for both tests. M updated my spreadsheet for September. Weight was still at 12.

Mail Call: I got my first issue of Cloth Paper Scissors Magazine. I love collage and this magazine is full of wonderful ideas for new projects. The Fashion Bug bill also came.

TV Watching: We watched the latest episode of Alton Brown's Feasting on Asphalt. I would love to take the same trip up the Mississippi River and just stop where and whenever I felt like it.

The rest of the evening we just played games on our computers. The weather has cooled off and fall is just around the corner. It will be in the 70's for the rest of the week. So nice!

I found this writing when I was going through my old files:

No one will ever get out of this world alive. Resolve
therefore to maintain a resonable sense of values.

Take care of yourself. Good health is everyone's
major source of wealth. Without it, happiness is almost impossible.

Resolve to be cheerful & helpful. People will repay you in kind.

Avoid angry, abrasive persons. They are generally vengeful.

Avoid zealots. They are generally humorless.

Resolve to listen more & talk less. No one ever
learns anything by talking.

Be chary of giving advise. Wise men don't need it &
fools won't heed it.

Resolve to be tender with the young, compassionate with
the aged, sympathetic with the striving & tolerant of the
weak & the wrong. Sometime in life you will have been all
of these.

Do not equate money with success. There are many successful
moneymakers who are miserable failures as human beings.
What counts most about success is how a person achieves it.

Peace

No comments: