Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday


Woke up early as usual. I got quite a bit accomplished. Kitchen all cleaned, 3 loads of laundry and shower taken. We decided to go out to breakfast. We went to a small cafe in the Hillyard called Ma Barker's. It's a small family owned cafe. We had never been there before. It was somewhat dissapointing. It was clean enough but back in the kitchen the cook was pounding on something that made me unintentionally irratated. But they did have the Jeff Foxworthy radio show on which was fun to listen to. We both ordered the chicken fried steak breakfast. It was okay, but, we both agreed we have had better other places. The waitress was nice. After breakfast we browsed through the antique store next door to the restaurant.

We left the Hillyard and headed south this time. We drove out Hwy 95 to Rockford. It was such a beautiful day. The leaves have not started to turn yet. We passed an elk farm. I took pictures that I hope will turn out. We then drove a back road around Lake Coeur d'Alene. Took the long way home through Post Falls. Stopped at The Trading Stores and bought steaks from the meat counter. Since we were in Idaho I bought a Powerball ticket. I'm always hopeful.

When we got home we treated ourselves to chips and pico de gallo and iced tea. We watched an episode of LA Ink and Feasting on Asphalt. By then I was so tired I decided to take a nap. Such luxury! I slept till M woke me up at 7:00. I must have been really tired.

The folks invited us over for BBQ crab legs and salad. Just a perfect night under the waxing moon to eat outside and share stories and laughs.

I guess after taking that nice nap I can stay up late tonight. We are listening to my new Michael Buble cd. Such good music.

I found this fun questionnaire on another blog. If you play, please link back to me and leave me a comment letting me know you played, so I can come visit!

1. YOUR ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car)

Rex Optima

2.YOUR GANGSTA NAME: (fave ice cream flavor, favorite cookie)

Rocky Road Macaroon

3. YOUR “FLY Guy/Girl” NAME: (first initial of first name, first three letters of your last name)

Lfos

4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal)

Brown Shihtzu


5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born)

Saoirse Ft Wayne

6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first)

Fos-Li

7. SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink)

The Green Tom Collins

8. NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers)

King Carper

9. STRIPPER NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy),

Maja Rocky Road

10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ),

Jane Donald

11. TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter),

Latrelle Lincoln

12. SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower)

Autumn Hollyhock

13. CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”)

Melon Paisley

14. HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree),

Ma Barker Aspen

15. YOUR ROCKSTAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your fave hobby/craft, fave weather element + “Tour”),

The Collage Tornado Tour

Hope you had fun!

No comments: