Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wednesday


Samhain Night

The night is coming the veil is thin.
Hear their voices within the winds.

Light the fires and chant out loud,
Feel them walk within the crowd.

The summer is gone and winter draws near,
The veil will open, welcome them without fear.

Our loved ones past will soon be among our place,
See the veil thinning and you will see their face.

Embrace the night and let your magic be known,
The truth that is here will soon be shown.

Enjoy this time celebrate the worlds within your rites,
The veil is once again thinning, it is again Samhain Night.



It's almost Halloween. I love this time a year. I love the halloween decorations, the leaves turning color, the colder weather and everything to do with fall.

I have decided to make an effort to keep in touch with my friends. I am afraid I am losing touch with most of them. Last night a person I worked with from Travelers called and told me my good friend Linda was quitting and moving to Sante Fe. I had to think, how long has it been since we last spoke? Too long I'm afraid. I called Linda and she kind of blew me off saying she had company and could not talk and would call me back. I knew she wouldn't. It is sad because at one time we were pretty close. But doesn't the phone work both ways? She could have just as easily picked up the phone. I feel bad, but I only wish her the best on her new adventure.

So with that said, on my break today I left a voicemail for Sharma, asking for her to call. She called me this afternoon and we agreed its been too long since we talked. We are going to try and get together and go to the quilt festival this weekend. We do plan on getting together the day after Thanksgiving as we have for the past few years for shopping and breakfast. She said Lorna would not be able to make it this year because she will have company from out of town for the holiday.

M's Mom came home from the hospital this afternoon. She seems to be doing pretty good. Now she can recooperate in the comfort of her own home.

2 comments:

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Is this art yours? It's incredible stuff!

Saoirse Daily said...

Just artwork I collect. Go to flickr photo sharing and look up ghostbones. Awesome photos.