Monday, October 1, 2007

Sunday


We both woke up hungry so I made apple spice pancakes and bacon. After breakfast and dishes we were in no hurry to go or do anything. M and Chris took the air conditioners out of the windows. Summer is officially over.

I decided to go to the mall. I used my $15 coupon to buy some really nice Posturepedic queen sized pillows from JC Penney. It was fun walking around the mall stopping and looking at whatever I felt like looking at. I went to Icing and bought some earrings and to my favorite store CJ Banks and bought a couple of tops that were on sale. I also went to the As Seen On TV store and bought a product called Ear Lifts to help with wearing earrings. I tore the hole in my left ear, so I cannot wear any of my heavy earrings anymore. I'm hoping this will help. This store has all the cool things you see advertized on tv.

On my way home I stopped at Safeway and picked up the prescriptions. She won't have the lancets until tomorrow, but gave me a few to get by until then.

When I got home from the mall I made potato soup. It's been raining most of the day and it is chilly, so soup sounded perfect. While we were eating 2 women came to the door and asked for a price if they could clean out our flower beds. We struck a deal and within 2 hours they had it all cleaned out. Seemed funny that they would want to do this on such a cold damp day, but I guess they needed the money.

The rest of the afternoon we watched the Grand Prix from Japan. It was a good race finish. I am always amazed that they drive in any weather. It was pouring rain and they kept their foot in it the whole race. The fans stayed throughout the whole race also. The announcers were saying the cost of tickets for a family of 4 is $1000. I guess they were staying to get their money's worth - rain or shine. When we flipped the channel to watch the NASCAR race it was being held due to rain.

We both went to bed really early and that could be why I am up in the middle of the night. But I am on vacation and do not have to get up at 3:00 am to get ready to go to work.

No comments: