Monday, October 1, 2007

Monday - My Birthday


I cannot believe I am 55 years old today. I don't feel 55. I guess everyone says that when they reach this age. When we were young this age seemed ancient.

We went out for our morning coffee. M had an appointment with Dr Phil first. We decided to stop at Victoria's (the new one on Ruby) The mocha was so bitter that you could not even taste the chocolate. It was totally undrinkable. We did not want to go through the hassle of taking it back, but, still wanted a mocha so we stopped at Dutch Brothers which was around the corner on Division. We gave the cute blonde out 2 still hot mochas and asked her to toss them and ordered 2 double chocolate mochas - one being sugar-free. She said the mochas were on her because she felt we should not have to buy coffee twice. We tried to resist but she insisted. Talk about outstanding customer service! Our new coffees were sweet and yummy. Now she has our business over the other 100 or so coffee stands in Spokane. When I got home I emailed a commendation to their home office. From there we went to Sonic and had the breakfast burrito.

The weather was damp and overcast with an occasional peek of sun. Perfect morning for a drive on my 3rd day of vacation. We drove up the Palouse Highway. Such beautiful scenery. Alot of the trees are now beginning to turn. I wish I had remembered to bring my camera.

When we got home I called Eric our insurance agent to tell him of a referral I was sending his way. He talked about an offer of employment to M, who is considering it. I also called UHC and they our sending me a benefits packet along with ID cards. I also called Rene, our Dr's nurse to ask Dr to send a certificate to UHC so they will fill M's prescription. So I did get a few things accomplished.

We decided to visit our mortgage person Shirley to pick up some of her new business cards. She is now with Golf Savings Bank. She told us real estate is really slow and she hardly has any loans to process. It was a nice visit and she looked great as ever.

We went over to the folks for my b'day dinner. She served grilled steaks with ceasar salad, baked sweet potatoes and corn. I'm as full as a tick. She gave me some really nice crystal Irish coffee mugs and some Halloween earrings. I love the card because it plays MC Hammer singing Can't Touch This.

Testing and Weight: First time I have tested in over a week after running out of supplies. Tested at 142. Weight was at 14. It was the double chocolate mocha - I know it! I also walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes this morning.

Mail Call: Received 3 catalogs: Gael Song - this is one of my all time favorites full of beautiful Celtic treasures; Gardener's Supply Company (lots of cool garden supplies, birding goodies and unusual lights for the garden) and a Roaman's clothing catalog. Also got the Lowes bill.

TV Watching: While walking on the treadmill I watched the finale of Rock of Love. I was happy that he picked Jess. I thought she was the best choice. Heather, even though she was older, was too immature. I hope they do a followup on his website so we know if it worked out, if they are still together and what they are up to now. We also watched Kitchen Nightmares. This episode was where Gordon Ramsey totally re-vamps an Indian restaurant that was drowning in bugs and rotten food and weird sheets tacked on the wall. He got the incompetent general manager fired too. And we watched Big Bang Theory. It was pretty funny and light hearted. Geeks rule!

Now I am ready to call it a day. Tomorrow is already shaping up to be a busy day.

No comments: