Saturday, October 27, 2007

Saturday


Happy Halloween Weekend! It is chilly here with a bright full moon in view at night it really feels like Samhain season.



This week the theme is pink. I chose a picture of the cutest pink house. Wouldn't you love to live in a cute pink house?



I have decided what I am going to being to work's Halloween potluck on Wednesday. Special Sesame Chicken Salad. Recipe follows:

1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
2/3 Cup White Wine Vinegar
2/3 Cup Teriyaki Sauce
1/3 Cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Pepper
3 Cans (11 ounces each) Mandarin Oranges, drained
2 Cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
2 Cups Cubed Cooked Chicken
1 1/3 Cups honey roasted peanuts
1 Package (9 ounces) Fresh Spinach, torn
1 Package (6 ounces) Dried Cranberries
6 Green Onions, chopped
1/2 Cup Minced Parsley
1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds, toasted

Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and place in a very large bowl. In a small bowl combine oil, vinegar, teriyaki sauce, sugar and pepper. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

Just before serving add remaining ingredients and gently toss. Yields 22 servings (1 cup each) Sound yummy and spooktacular?

We finally got out of the house to enjoy some of the beautiful sunshine. We drove to what is becomming our favorite coffee stand, Dutch Brothers and ordered mochas. We drove on to downtown. Went to Boo Radley's, a funky gift shop that has very unique items. We went there looking for the South Park dolls but ended up buying a South Park calendar for M's new office and a pirate headband for me. The manager was so friendly and helpful. I love going to this store. Last time we were in we bought cat butt magnets for a gal M worked with at Premera. They also have a whole array of crazy knitting, needlework and crochet books. I bought the book Subversive Cross Stitch there last summer. Too funny.

Just for me we drove out to the Bigelow Gulch Grange Hall and went to Tolefest. They were having a tole painting crafts bazaar. I didn't find anything that I could not live without so I bought 3 raffle tickets to win the beautiful quilt that they were raffling off. Got my fingers crossed.

On the way out to Bigelow Gulch we were driving down Maple behind a sgt's cop car. A plain red crown victoria. You know instantly when you see that model of car it's a cop or could be. This little Toyota goes zipping past us and the cop doing about 50 mph. Made this cop's day. Sure enough the cop jumped behind them and turned on his lights. The Toyota pulls across the other lane of traffic, turns on the next street and parks on the wrong side of the street. Nice - now the cop knows you're crazy too! Speaking of cops and crazy - it should be an excellent night for scanner listening. Seems every bar and tavern in town is having their Halloween parties and with a full moon - Can you say Full Moon Craziness Abounds? I would not want to be a cop or work in any retail business that has cash on a night like this.

1 comment:

Barbara Raymond said...

Thanks for the props on my blog. I had to come check out yours, of course, and I'm so glad I did!

I particularly love all the pictures... And yes, I would love to live in a cute pink house, too. The husband might not be so happy about it, though.

Keep up the great work!