Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday







Monday - Leftover spaghetti

Tuesday - Nachos

Wednesday - Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches (Happy Halloween)

Thursday - Chicken Stir Fry (Something healthy)

Friday - Dinner out with friends at the Bottom's Up Bar and Grill

Saturday - Breakfast - fried eggs, bacon and blueberry pancakes dripping in butter and maple syrup. Oh yeah!

Sunday - Pot Roast with Potatoes and Carrots - (we're talking comfort food here.)

I have to say making up this list and sticking to it has really saved us money by not going out because we could not decide what to have for supper.

After a nice weekend, it was back to work. After work I went to my doctor appointment. I guess I am doing okay. He put me on another medication. He must have gotten a free lunch. I say that because one time when I was sitting in a waiting room waiting for M, who was having a procedure done, I witnessed a pharmaceutical salesman at work. He asked the nurse if he could have time with the doctor to discuss his latest and greatest wonder pill. The nurse said the doctor is busy now but if he brought in lunch then he could have the doctor's full attention for an hour. The salesman asked how many would he need to bring lunch in for. She said about 30. He also asked what kind of food would she like him to bring in. She said he could bring anything as long as it was good, they just all like to eat. Then and there I saw how it all works. The salesman brings lunch, he asks the doctor to push the prescription of the week, the doctor starts prescribing the drug that paid for the free lunch of the week until the next salesman brings the next free lunch in.

It is cold and cloudy outside tonight. We will need to keep a drip going down the drain. Halloween is just around the corner.

No comments: